Recruitment – Career Opportunities in Singapore
Are you a professional music therapist with internationally recognized credentials such as MT-BC (USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia/Canada), RMTh (NZ) who is interested in opportunities in Singapore? Please apply directly to the openings posted below. Kindly direct questions or broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Music Therapist – MONTFORT CARE
Full-time / Part-time , Contract
Position listed: 4 March 2019
Montfort Care is a network of programmes committed to improving the lives of individuals, families and the community facing transitional challenges. Led by a team of professional practitioners, we strongly believe in nurturing and investing in our human capital to impact the lives of those in need.We are looking for someone who dares to be different, values teamwork, and has the tenacity and drive to improve the lives of individuals, families and the community facing transitional challenges.
Music Therapist (Allied Health)
This position is open to accredited Music Therapist who is interested in either a full-time or part-time (at least 3 working days equivalent) employment with Montfort Care. You will be part of a team of allied health professionals to identify needs and design interventions for elders and their caregivers in the community; proactively engage, empower and enable them to address issues related to their overall health and well-being. To this end, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to offer meaningful activities and therapeutic intervention through music to the intended beneficiaries.
- Bachelor/Masters in Music Therapy from an accredited institution
- Possess a wide range of music genre in more than 1 language
- Competent in more than 1 type of musical instruments
- Passionate about eldercare and caregiver support, especially dementia and end-of-life care
- Creative, energetic, passion for learning and growing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel and provide therapy at clients’ residence
- At least 2 years of working experience
Job Description – Your responsibilities include the following:
- Identify how music therapy can be applied to address needs of referred clients
- Design interventions and utilise various music techniques and materials to support the care plan of the clients
- Review and evaluate the impact of music therapy intervention
- Prepare and submit case notes and reports
You are invited to submit your application at Montfort Care Career Site if you are the “someone” we are looking for. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Sector: Child Protection/Eldercare/Family Services
Work Location: Central
Website address: http://www.montfortcare.org.sg/
2. Music Therapist – ST. JOSEPH’S HOME
Position listed: 15 March 2019
St Joseph’s Home is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to join the Allied Health Services Department (AHSD) as the residential Music Therapist. You will be working with an enthusiastic team of therapists and therapy assistants in delivering therapy interventions to our elderly residents.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Music Therapy from a recognised University or institution
- Membership in the Association for Music Therapy Singapore or a recognised equivalent
- The ability to speak and understand English as well as a minimum of at least 1 of the following: Mandarin, Malay, Tamil, Hindi, Teochew, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hakka or Hainanese
- Assess residents, plan and implement clinical interventions and conduct regular reviews and evaluations
- Supervise Therapy Assistants in their duties and responsibilities
- Train and guide Therapy Assistants in carrying out duties competently
- Carry out all relevant clinical documentation required in a timely manner
- Oversee the Music Therapy service inventory of items
- Participate in relevant departmental meetings, discussions and AHSD projects
Salary will be commensurate with relevant work experience and educational qualifications. Email your interest with a comprehensive CV, recent photo and expected salary to:
(only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
3. Music Therapist – INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH
Position listed: 14 July 2019 | Closing Date: 15th October 2019
As a premier healthcare provider, the Institute of Mental Health is Singapore’s only tertiary psychiatric hospital that offers multi-faceted psychiatric treatment services. Our dedicated team of clinicians, allied health professionals, nurses and support staff work together in a unique and caring environment to ensure the mental well-being of the people of Singapore.
As part of our move to transform the mental healthcare system in Singapore, we seek passionate and innovative people to provide quality care and contribute to our evolving community-based network of support services. IMH is committed to help you achieve your potential in your career – join us now to be part of the team that will shape mental health for the nation!
We require a part-time Music Therapist, 4-hrs per week, in the Mood Disorders Unit to perform the following responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide quality and professional music therapy to patients in the Mood Disorders unit (MDU).
The successful candidate will be required to:
- plan and conduct individual/group-based music therapy, utilising relevant approaches to meet the therapeutic needs of the clients referred to the programme.
- review and assess progress of clients with clear clinical documentation according to hospital standards and in a timely manner.
- be active in evaluating Music Therapy services using effective outcome measurement tools
- set relevant goals and objectives with the clients, or their caregivers where appropriate.
- contribute to multi-disciplinary team meetings and other relevant inter-agency meetings pertaining to the wellbeing of the patient, when possible.
- collaborate with other members of the inpatient and/or outpatient team in planning music activities, where appropriate.
- plan and coordinate transition or termination sessions once goals have been achieved or when music therapy is counter-indicated. Where appropriate, recommend other relevant therapies.
- initiate and carry out plans for the development of new Music Therapy services where appropriate.
- acquire equipment or material for treatment purposes and maintain any inventory that has been assigned.
- Bachelor/Masters in Music Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Holds valid professional registration from relevant governing body in country of education. Holds membership in the Association for Music Therapy Singapore or a recognised equivalent.
- Knowledge of, and proficiency with a wide range of music genres and musical instruments
- At least 2 years of working experience.
- Preferably 1-2 years of relevant experience in the field of mental health.
- Creative, energetic, passion for learning and growing.
- Possess good empathic skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in a team.
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. To apply, please email your detailed resume stating current and expected salary to: Careers@imh.com.sg