Recruitment – Career Opportunities in Singapore
Are you a professional music therapist with internationally recognized credentials such as MT-BC (USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia/Canada), RMTh (NZ) who is interested in opportunities in Singapore? Please apply directly to the openings posted below. Kindly direct questions or broken links to email@example.com.
1. Music Therapist – MONTFORT CARE
Full-time / Part-time , Contract
Position listed: 4 March 2019
Montfort Care is a network of programmes committed to improving the lives of individuals, families and the community facing transitional challenges. Led by a team of professional practitioners, we strongly believe in nurturing and investing in our human capital to impact the lives of those in need.We are looking for someone who dares to be different, values teamwork, and has the tenacity and drive to improve the lives of individuals, families and the community facing transitional challenges.
Music Therapist (Allied Health)
This position is open to accredited Music Therapist who is interested in either a full-time or part-time (at least 3 working days equivalent) employment with Montfort Care. You will be part of a team of allied health professionals to identify needs and design interventions for elders and their caregivers in the community; proactively engage, empower and enable them to address issues related to their overall health and well-being. To this end, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to offer meaningful activities and therapeutic intervention through music to the intended beneficiaries.
- Bachelor/Masters in Music Therapy from an accredited institution
- Possess a wide range of music genre in more than 1 language
- Competent in more than 1 type of musical instruments
- Passionate about eldercare and caregiver support, especially dementia and end-of-life care
- Creative, energetic, passion for learning and growing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel and provide therapy at clients’ residence
- At least 2 years of working experience
Job Description – Your responsibilities include the following:
- Identify how music therapy can be applied to address needs of referred clients
- Design interventions and utilise various music techniques and materials to support the care plan of the clients
- Review and evaluate the impact of music therapy intervention
- Prepare and submit case notes and reports
You are invited to submit your application at Montfort Care Career Site if you are the “someone” we are looking for. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Sector: Child Protection/Eldercare/Family Services
Work Location: Central
Website address: http://www.montfortcare.org.sg/
2. Music Therapist – ST. JOSEPH’S HOME
Position listed: 15 March 2019
St Joseph’s Home is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to join the Allied Health Services Department (AHSD) as the residential Music Therapist. You will be working with an enthusiastic team of therapists and therapy assistants in delivering therapy interventions to our elderly residents.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Music Therapy from a recognised University or institution
- Membership in the Association for Music Therapy Singapore or a recognised equivalent
- The ability to speak and understand English as well as a minimum of at least 1 of the following: Mandarin, Malay, Tamil, Hindi, Teochew, Hokkien, Cantonese, Hakka or Hainanese
- Assess residents, plan and implement clinical interventions and conduct regular reviews and evaluations
- Supervise Therapy Assistants in their duties and responsibilities
- Train and guide Therapy Assistants in carrying out duties competently
- Carry out all relevant clinical documentation required in a timely manner
- Oversee the Music Therapy service inventory of items
- Participate in relevant departmental meetings, discussions and AHSD projects
Salary will be commensurate with relevant work experience and educational qualifications. Email your interest with a comprehensive CV, recent photo and expected salary to:
(only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
3. Music Therapist – DOVER PARK HOSPICE
Position listed: 17 June 2019 Closing Date: 30 June 2019
The role of the music therapist is to administer music therapy as part of a comprehensive therapeutic treatment plan in groups or on an individual basis to address physical, psychological, social and/or spiritual needs as presented by patients and their families.
In the hospice setting, the music therapist would acquire and apply knowledge and skills relevant to end-of-life care, e.g., loss, grief and bereavement etc. and incorporate them as part of music therapy interventions.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy
- Preferably 1-2 years of relevant experience in a healthcare environment
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has good empathic skills and works well in team
- Knowledge of, and proficiency with a wide range of music genres and musical instruments
Monthly basic salary is $3400 – $4,500. Start ASAP. Interested applicants, please email your application with a detailed CV and all relevant academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org