Recruitment – Career Opportunities in Singapore
Are you a professional music therapist with internationally recognized credentials such as MT-BC (USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia/Canada), RMTh (NZ) who is interested in opportunities in Singapore? Please apply directly to the openings posted below. Kindly direct questions or broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Music Therapist – INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH (IMH)
Position listed: 3 Aug 2021
As a premier healthcare provider, the Institute of Mental Health is Singapore’s only tertiary psychiatric hospital that offers multi-faceted psychiatric treatment services. Our dedicated team of clinicians, allied health professionals, nurses and support staff work together in a unique and caring environment to ensure the mental well-being of the people of Singapore.
As part of our move to transform the mental healthcare system in Singapore, we seek passionate and innovative people to provide quality care and contribute to our evolving community-based network of support services. IMH is committed to help you achieve your potential in your career – join us now to be part of the team that will shape mental health for the nation!
We require part-time Music Therapist in the Mood Disorders Unit to perform the following responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide quality and professional music therapy to patients in the Mood Disorders unit (MDU).
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan and conduct individual and/or group music therapy, utilising relevant approaches to meet the therapeutic needs of the clients referred to the programme.
- Assess and identify client’s needs to set relevant goals and objectives with clients and/or their caregivers where appropriate.
- Review progress of clients with clear clinical documentation according to hospital standards.
- Evaluate music therapy services using relevant outcome measurement tools.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings and other relevant interagency meetings pertaining to the wellbeing of the patient, when possible.
- Collaborate with other members of the inpatient and/or outpatient team in planning music activities, where appropriate.
- Coordinate transition and/or termination sessions once goals have been achieved or when music therapy is contraindicated. Where appropriate, recommend other relevant therapies.
- Carry out plans for the development of new music therapy services where appropriate.
- Acquire and maintain musical instruments and music therapy equipment.
- Bachelor/Masters in Music Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Holds valid professional registration from relevant governing body in country of education. Holds membership in the Association for Music Therapy Singapore or a recognised equivalent.
- Knowledge of, and proficiency with a wide range of music genres and musical instruments
- At least 2 years of working experience.
- Preferably 1-2 years of relevant experience in the field of mental health.
- Creative, energetic, passion for learning and growing.
- Possess good empathic skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in a team.
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send/email your detailed resume stating current and expected salary to:
The Human Resource Department, Institute of Mental Health / Woodbridge Hospital, Buangkok Green Medical Park, 10 Buangkok View, Singapore 539747
2. Music Therapist – ST. ANDREW ‘S COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (SACH)
Position listed: 1 Aug 2021
St. Andrew’s Community Hospital is a service of St. Andrew’s Mission Hospital (SAMH). SAMH was founded in 1913 by Dr Charlotte Ferguson-Davie, wife of the Bishop of Singapore, to meet the medical needs of poor women and children with no access to health care.
Today, St. Andrew’s Community Hospital (SACH) continues that mission of shining Christ’s light into the darkness of disease, pain and suffering by providing rehabilitative, post-acute and palliative inpatient care, as well as community care (outpatient clinic, centre-based rehabilitation and daycare and homecare).
Located in Simei and partnered with Changi General Hospital (CGH), the hospital is expanding its services to meet growing needs of the community.
- Degree in Music therapy from an accredited institution with current national credentials
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience preferably in a healthcare setting
- Advanced Specialised post graduate training is an asset
- Professional registration with Association for Music Therapy Singapore (AMTS) or professional organisation of country of training, preferably both
- Good interpersonal & communication skills and willing to impart professional knowledge to colleagues, patients and care givers
- Ability to converse in major dialects or Malay is an advantage
- Implement music therapy programmes that meets patient’s needs based on best practices
- Organise and implement daily workflow to ensure optimal utilisation of resources
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary team, offering co-treatment where appropriate
Interested applicants, please email to email@example.com
3. Music Therapist – MEDLEY MUSIC SCHOOL
Part-time (weekdays between 3pm – 8pm)
Position listed: 16 April 2021
Medley Music School is a private music school located within SAFRA Toa Payoh and we have been operational since 2011. We would like to expand our special needs department to allow more access to children who require music therapy.
You will develop and provide individualised and group music therapy to children and youths with special needs. You will improve on our system of assessing, monitoring and documenting students’ progress, and communication to parents/caregivers. You are also required to conduct training to other therapists/teachers, parents/caregivers, organisations to enhance their knowledge of music therapy.
- Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy or the equivalent.
- Applicants with prior relevant working experience with children and youths with special needs will be an added advantage
- A team player with a good attitude and who seeks excellence in all that he/she does.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Music Therapist – EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE LTD
Position listed: 29 March 2021
Extra•Ordinary People is a charity and Institute of Public Character (IPC) striving to enable
and support persons with special needs. We adopt an ecosystem approach towards enabling
and empowering children and youth with special needs to live independently, be work ready,
work able and sustain employment. We strongly believe in providing a holistic support,
including and involving parents/caregivers in the process.
Working in close collaboration with other professionals (therapists from other domains, job
coaches, counsellors etc.), we are looking for dynamic and passionate Music Therapists to join
our team in journeying with these youths and their families through their lives.
Assess and identify client’s needs with respect to music therapy issues in home/school/work contexts
Deliver in-person and virtual music therapy services both in individual and group settings
Monitor, evaluate and document the clients’ progress
Conduct meetings/webinars with parents/caregivers regularly and work with them to enhance learning
Work with caregivers and the integrated team to design Individualised Educational Plans (IEPs)
Work with members of the integrated team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of Company-curated programmes relating to enabling clients to be work ready, work able and live independently
Conduct talks, webinars and/or workshops for parents/caregivers and members of the public
Provide consultation and training services for other professionals, educators and organizations
Work closely with members of the integrated team to ensure best practice and high quality care
Provide professional input to integrated team and case discussions
Provide supervision to Junior Therapists where applicable
Recognised Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Music Therapy
Registration with relevant Professional Body or Music Therapy Association
Preferred 1 year experience in working with children, youth and young adults with special needs
Proficient in music and music technology, including but not limited to piano/keyboard, guitar, voice, and/or GarageBand
Able to work well with other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary team
Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply!
5. Music Therapist – SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL
Position listed: 2 February 2021
Singapore General Hospital is Singapore’s largest flagship tertiary hospital with an 10,000-strong multi-generation diversified workforce and a rich 190 years history. Every year, the SGH Campus caters to over 1 million patients, providing advanced medical care under its 36 clinical specialties.
You will develop and provide individualised and group music therapy to patients (both in the inpatient and outpatient settings) in various clinical areas such as neurology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, plastic surgery (burns), hematology, and hearing impairment. You will also conduct educational programmes and research on music therapy as appropriate, and collect data outcomes and indicators.
Masters/Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy or the equivalent
Applicants with prior relevant working experience will be an added advantage
Applicants must hold a valid professional license to practice as a Music Therapist with their affiliated country of training & registered as a professional member with the Association for Music Therapy In Singapore
Please apply via https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/music-therapist-8292003
6. Music Therapist – ST. LUKE’S COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Part-time (0.5FTE), Permanent
Position listed: 2 February 2021
St Luke’s Hospital is a 243-bedded community hospital of excellence committed to providing compassionate and quality care, with a multi-disciplinary approach including medical, nursing and rehabilitative care.
We strongly encourage and support our staff in continuous education and professional development. Remuneration will be according to experience and market rates. Career opportunities await suitable candidates.
In the current rehabilitation department, you would be joining one current Music Therapist. We are inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full time/part time position of Senior Music Therapist / Music Therapist.
- Provide quality and professional Music Therapy services at Inpatient and Outpatient Services. These include but are not limited to individual and group music therapy
- Plan, review and assess progress with clear documentation
- Set relevant goals and objectives with the patient and their caregivers (where applicable)
- Execute music interventions to improve patient care such as expression, attention, mood, participation, reduction of undesirable behaviour, relieve symptoms, enhance spiritual or psychological comfort as well as assist in gross/fine motor and communication deficits
- Provide clinical reports and records on the following according to hospital standards:
- Initial assessment
- Review and subsequent assessments
- Therapy goals
- Weekly review therapy plan
- Treatment updates
- Discharge planning (with measure outcomes)
- Participate in case conferences, team meetings and family meetings
- Carry out proper hand over when required
- Ensure safety measures to protect patients during therapy
- Communicate to patient/family member to enhance therapy care, skill application and promote therapeutic carry over after therapy session
- Discuss cases with multidisciplinary team
- Develop and implement more appropriate treatment plans and new/modified programs when necessary
- Responsible for daily billing
- Organize caseload coverage and work distribution
- Document and report incident when necessary
Education and Training
- Supervise music therapists (MTs) and newly joined MTs (if needed)
- Participate in departmental in-service training
- Conduct in-service education for other professionals and students
- Teach and supervise volunteers or Music Therapy students in their clinical placements
- Give talks/lectures when applicable
- Participate in research activities, if any undertaken
- Develop new programs to improve care
- Candidates should possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy from an accredited institution with national credentials: e.g. MT-BC(USA), HCPC (UK), RMT (Australia & Canada), RMth (NZ) and IACAT (Ireland)
- Have prior experience with geriatric rehabilitation and dementia. NMT training an asset.
- Proficiency with keyboard, guitar, percussion and vocal ability and familiarity with wide range of music genres (familiarity with Asian repertoire and geriatric population is an asset).
- Respect a wide range of cultural or spiritual practices and beliefs
- Able to work independently with good communication and documentation skills
- Must have an interest to work with the elderly in a hospital environment
- Ability to communicate in vernacular languages is an asset
Interested applicants, please email your application with a detailed CV and academic transcripts directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
7. Music Therapist – THYE HUA KUAN THK HOMES FOR THE DISABLED
Position listed: 30 January 2021
Location: Jalan Eunos
THK Home for Disabled @ Eunos (formerly known as Moral Home for Disabled) was established on 1 June 1989. It aims to develop residents and assist them in finding sustained employment in the community and receive a regular income. With its barrier-free access facilities, THK Home for The Disabled @ Eunos is able to introduce new initiatives and innovative programmes for all residents in the areas of training and developmental growth, social recreational activities, as well as employment or career opportunities. The Home also facilitates programmes to meet various development needs for children with special needs (7-16 years old) who are neglected or have limited caregiver support.
As a Music Therapist, you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team in the rehabilitation and habilitation of residents and clients with intellectual disabilities and co-morbidities. You seek to establish a connection – a shared musical experience – with residents/clients in the pursuit of therapeutic goals based on the resident/client’s behavioural profile and needs. You work with residents and clients either in groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- Bachelor/Master of Arts in Music Therapy from an accredited institution
- Registration with relevant professional body or music therapy association
- Able to work well with other professionals as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with the guitar or keyboard and in vocal skills
- Teamwork and passion to serve the intellectual disabilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Assess the resident/client’s needs
- Plan, conduct, review and assess therapy sessions to monitor effectiveness and to aid the planning of subsequent sessions
- Encourage residents/clients to take part in the session and support them by responding musically
- Encourage residents/clients to use a range of accessible musical instruments and their own voice to express themselves
- Help residents/clients to explore the world of sound and create a musical language of their own
- Support residents/clients’ creative development and facilitate positive changes in their behaviour and well-being
- Help residents/clients to develop an increased self-awareness
- Write and maintain case notes and reports
- Maintain musical instruments and music therapy equipment
Job Grade: T III 1
First Level Reports to: Assistant Senior Social Worker
Second Level Reports to: Divisional Director
Division/Department: THK Homes Division
Interested applicants, please email your detailed CV and academic transcripts to email@example.com