Recruitment – Career Opportunities in Singapore
Are you a professional music therapist with internationally recognized credentials such as MT-BC (USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia/Canada), RMTh (NZ) who is interested in opportunities in Singapore? Please apply directly to the openings posted below. Kindly direct questions or broken links to email@example.com
1. Music Therapist – ST. ANDREW’S NURSING HOME @ HENDERSON
Part-time (2 days a week). Candidates must be eligible to work in Singapore
Position listed: 27 May 2021
St. Andrew’s Nursing Home (SANH) is a service of St. Andrew’s Mission Hospital (SAMH). SANH aims to deliver holistic and person-centred care to the residents in a supportive environment, where an integrated programme of rehabilitation, psycho-social and nursing care is provided in its three nursing homes (Buangkok, Henderson, and Queenstown).
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Enskill target therapy/care staff to run music groups for residents, to empower them to drive recreational music group programming with resident-centred focus by
- Developing curriculum and conduct in-services to meet abovementioned needs
- Facilitating group/individual practice sessions with care team staff
- Facilitating group sessions for residents with care team staff
- Developing rubrics to assess and evaluate therapy/care staff’s learning progress
- Set up and operationalise clinical music therapy services for residents, to promote their health, increase quality of life, and affirm their personhood through individually-tailored music interventions
- Conduct music therapy groups and individual sessions (Focus on residents with dementia and palliative care needs)
- Maintain clinical documentation
- Discuss with team members, participate in team meetings (where applicable)
- Bachelor / Master degree in music therapy from an accredited institution
- Valid license to practise music therapy, e.g. RMT, MT-BC, HCPC-registered, RMTh
- Professional registration with relevant professional associations, including the Association for Music Therapy, Singapore (AMTS)
- Experience in facilitating music groups and teaching adults
- At least one year of clinical experience with persons with dementia and palliative needs
Duration: 6 months, subject to renewal
Start date: June/July 2021
Remuneration: Reasonable market rate
Interested applicants, please email your detailed CVs and relevant certificates with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: HR Manager
2. Music Therapist – MEDLEY MUSIC SCHOOL
Part-time (weekdays between 3pm – 8pm)
Position listed: 16 April 2021
Medley Music School is a private music school located within SAFRA Toa Payoh and we have been operational since 2011. We would like to expand our special needs department to allow more access to children who require music therapy.
You will develop and provide individualised and group music therapy to children and youths with special needs. You will improve on our system of assessing, monitoring and documenting students’ progress, and communication to parents/caregivers. You are also required to conduct training to other therapists/teachers, parents/caregivers, organisations to enhance their knowledge of music therapy.
- Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy or the equivalent.
- Applicants with prior relevant working experience with children and youths with special needs will be an added advantage
- A team player with a good attitude and who seeks excellence in all that he/she does.
Please apply via email@example.com
3. Music Therapist – EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE LTD
Position listed: 29 March 2021
Extra•Ordinary People is a charity and Institute of Public Character (IPC) striving to enable
and support persons with special needs. We adopt an ecosystem approach towards enabling
and empowering children and youth with special needs to live independently, be work ready,
work able and sustain employment. We strongly believe in providing a holistic support,
including and involving parents/caregivers in the process.
Working in close collaboration with other professionals (therapists from other domains, job
coaches, counsellors etc.), we are looking for dynamic and passionate Music Therapists to join
our team in journeying with these youths and their families through their lives.
Assess and identify client’s needs with respect to music therapy issues in home/school/work contexts
Deliver in-person and virtual music therapy services both in individual and group settings
Monitor, evaluate and document the clients’ progress
Conduct meetings/webinars with parents/caregivers regularly and work with them to enhance learning
Work with caregivers and the integrated team to design Individualised Educational Plans (IEPs)
Work with members of the integrated team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of Company-curated programmes relating to enabling clients to be work ready, work able and live independently
Conduct talks, webinars and/or workshops for parents/caregivers and members of the public
Provide consultation and training services for other professionals, educators and organizations
Work closely with members of the integrated team to ensure best practice and high quality care
Provide professional input to integrated team and case discussions
Provide supervision to Junior Therapists where applicable
Recognised Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Music Therapy
Registration with relevant Professional Body or Music Therapy Association
Preferred 1 year experience in working with children, youth and young adults with special needs
Proficient in music and music technology, including but not limited to piano/keyboard, guitar, voice, and/or GarageBand
Able to work well with other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary team
Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
4. Music Therapist – SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL
Position listed: 2 February 2021
Singapore General Hospital is Singapore’s largest flagship tertiary hospital with an 10,000-strong multi-generation diversified workforce and a rich 190 years history. Every year, the SGH Campus caters to over 1 million patients, providing advanced medical care under its 36 clinical specialties.
You will develop and provide individualised and group music therapy to patients (both in the inpatient and outpatient settings) in various clinical areas such as neurology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, plastic surgery (burns), hematology, and hearing impairment. You will also conduct educational programmes and research on music therapy as appropriate, and collect data outcomes and indicators.
Masters/Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy or the equivalent
Applicants with prior relevant working experience will be an added advantage
Applicants must hold a valid professional license to practice as a Music Therapist with their affiliated country of training & registered as a professional member with the Association for Music Therapy In Singapore
Please apply via https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/music-therapist-8292003
5. Music Therapist – ST. LUKE’S COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Part-time (0.5FTE), Permanent
Position listed: 2 February 2021
St Luke’s Hospital is a 243-bedded community hospital of excellence committed to providing compassionate and quality care, with a multi-disciplinary approach including medical, nursing and rehabilitative care.
We strongly encourage and support our staff in continuous education and professional development. Remuneration will be according to experience and market rates. Career opportunities await suitable candidates.
In the current rehabilitation department, you would be joining one current Music Therapist. We are inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full time/part time position of Senior Music Therapist / Music Therapist.
- Provide quality and professional Music Therapy services at Inpatient and Outpatient Services. These include but are not limited to individual and group music therapy
- Plan, review and assess progress with clear documentation
- Set relevant goals and objectives with the patient and their caregivers (where applicable)
- Execute music interventions to improve patient care such as expression, attention, mood, participation, reduction of undesirable behaviour, relieve symptoms, enhance spiritual or psychological comfort as well as assist in gross/fine motor and communication deficits
- Provide clinical reports and records on the following according to hospital standards:
- Initial assessment
- Review and subsequent assessments
- Therapy goals
- Weekly review therapy plan
- Treatment updates
- Discharge planning (with measure outcomes)
- Participate in case conferences, team meetings and family meetings
- Carry out proper hand over when required
- Ensure safety measures to protect patients during therapy
- Communicate to patient/family member to enhance therapy care, skill application and promote therapeutic carry over after therapy session
- Discuss cases with multidisciplinary team
- Develop and implement more appropriate treatment plans and new/modified programs when necessary
- Responsible for daily billing
- Organize caseload coverage and work distribution
- Document and report incident when necessary
Education and Training
- Supervise music therapists (MTs) and newly joined MTs (if needed)
- Participate in departmental in-service training
- Conduct in-service education for other professionals and students
- Teach and supervise volunteers or Music Therapy students in their clinical placements
- Give talks/lectures when applicable
- Participate in research activities, if any undertaken
- Develop new programs to improve care
- Candidates should possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy from an accredited institution with national credentials: e.g. MT-BC(USA), HCPC (UK), RMT (Australia & Canada), RMth (NZ) and IACAT (Ireland)
- Have prior experience with geriatric rehabilitation and dementia. NMT training an asset.
- Proficiency with keyboard, guitar, percussion and vocal ability and familiarity with wide range of music genres (familiarity with Asian repertoire and geriatric population is an asset).
- Respect a wide range of cultural or spiritual practices and beliefs
- Able to work independently with good communication and documentation skills
- Must have an interest to work with the elderly in a hospital environment
- Ability to communicate in vernacular languages is an asset
Interested applicants, please email your application with a detailed CV and academic transcripts directly to email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
6. Music Therapist – THYE HUA KUAN THK HOMES FOR THE DISABLED
Position listed: 30 January 2021
Location: Jalan Eunos
THK Home for Disabled @ Eunos (formerly known as Moral Home for Disabled) was established on 1 June 1989. It aims to develop residents and assist them in finding sustained employment in the community and receive a regular income. With its barrier-free access facilities, THK Home for The Disabled @ Eunos is able to introduce new initiatives and innovative programmes for all residents in the areas of training and developmental growth, social recreational activities, as well as employment or career opportunities. The Home also facilitates programmes to meet various development needs for children with special needs (7-16 years old) who are neglected or have limited caregiver support.
As a Music Therapist, you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team in the rehabilitation and habilitation of residents and clients with intellectual disabilities and co-morbidities. You seek to establish a connection – a shared musical experience – with residents/clients in the pursuit of therapeutic goals based on the resident/client’s behavioural profile and needs. You work with residents and clients either in groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- Bachelor/Master of Arts in Music Therapy from an accredited institution
- Registration with relevant professional body or music therapy association
- Able to work well with other professionals as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with the guitar or keyboard and in vocal skills
- Teamwork and passion to serve the intellectual disabilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Assess the resident/client’s needs
- Plan, conduct, review and assess therapy sessions to monitor effectiveness and to aid the planning of subsequent sessions
- Encourage residents/clients to take part in the session and support them by responding musically
- Encourage residents/clients to use a range of accessible musical instruments and their own voice to express themselves
- Help residents/clients to explore the world of sound and create a musical language of their own
- Support residents/clients’ creative development and facilitate positive changes in their behaviour and well-being
- Help residents/clients to develop an increased self-awareness
- Write and maintain case notes and reports
- Maintain musical instruments and music therapy equipment
Job Grade: T III 1
First Level Reports to: Assistant Senior Social Worker
Second Level Reports to: Divisional Director
Division/Department: THK Homes Division
Interested applicants, please email your detailed CV and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org