Recruitment – Career Opportunities in Singapore
Are you a professional music therapist with internationally recognized credentials such as MT-BC (USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia/Canada), RMTh (NZ) who is interested in opportunities in Singapore? Please apply directly to the openings posted below. Kindly direct questions or broken links to email@example.com
1. Music Therapist – ABILITIES BEYOND LIMITATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS (ABLE) LTD
Contract, 1.5 to 3 hrs per week
Position listed: 20 Sep 2021
Location: Toa Payoh
ABLE is a social service agency working with adults with physical challenges. Music Therapy is one of the programmes offered as part of our respite services, aiming to improve the quality of life of these adults.
- Plan and conduct group music therapy, utilising relevant approaches to meet the therapeutic needs of the clients referred to the programme.
- Assess and identify client needs to set relevant goals and objectives with clients
- Review progress of clients with clear documentation
- Contribute to case conferences and team meetings where appropriate
- Ensure safety measures to protect patients during therapy
- Evaluate music therapy services using relevant outcome measurement tools
- Develop and implement more appropriate treatment plans and new/modified programmes when necessary
- Accredited Bachelor or Master’s degree in Music Therapy
- Valid professional registration from relevant governing body in country of education
- Membership in Association for Music Therapy Singapore or recognised equivalent
- Knowledge of, and proficiency in a wide range of music genres and musical instruments
- At least 2 years of recent relevant working experience with disability population
- Creative, energetic
- Passion for working with adults with physical disability
- Passion for continual learning
- Good empathy for clients
- Good communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team
- Ability to converse in major dialects is an advantage
Interested applicants, please email Elisa Ooi- Assistant Manager (Respite Centre) at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Music Therapist – SINGAPORE GENERAL HOSPITAL PTE LTD (SGH)
Position listed: 14 Sep 2021
Location: Outram Road
Singapore General Hospital (SGH) is Singapore’s largest flagship tertiary hospital with an 10,000-strong multi-generation diversified workforce and a rich 190 years history. Every year, the SGH Campus caters to over 1 million patients, providing advanced medical care under its 36 clinical specialties.
As an academic hospital, SGH plays a key role in nurturing doctors, nurses and allied health professionals and is committed to innovative translational and clinical research to provided the best care and outcomes to patients.
We offer a challenging, family-friendly and conducive work environment to meet your career aspirations, advancement and personal development.
You will develop and provide individualised and group music therapy to patients (both in the inpatient and outpatient settings) in various clinical areas such as neurology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, plastic surgery (burns), hematology, and hearing impairment. You will also conduct educational programmes and research on music therapy as appropriate, and collect data outcomes and indicators.
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy or the equivalent
- Applicants with prior relevant working experience will be an added advantage
- Applicants must hold a valid professional license to practice as a Music Therapist with their affiliated country of training & registered as a professional member with the Association for Music Therapy In Singapore
Interested applicants, please apply via:
3. Music Therapist – INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH (IMH)
Part-Time (4 hrs per week)
Position listed: 3 Aug 2021
As a premier healthcare provider, the Institute of Mental Health is Singapore’s only tertiary psychiatric hospital that offers multi-faceted psychiatric treatment services. Our dedicated team of clinicians, allied health professionals, nurses and support staff work together in a unique and caring environment to ensure the mental well-being of the people of Singapore.
As part of our move to transform the mental healthcare system in Singapore, we seek passionate and innovative people to provide quality care and contribute to our evolving community-based network of support services. IMH is committed to help you achieve your potential in your career – join us now to be part of the team that will shape mental health for the nation!
We require part-time Music Therapist in the Mood Disorders Unit to perform the following responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide quality and professional music therapy to patients in the Mood Disorders unit (MDU).
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan and conduct individual and/or group music therapy, utilising relevant approaches to meet the therapeutic needs of the clients referred to the programme.
- Assess and identify client’s needs to set relevant goals and objectives with clients and/or their caregivers where appropriate.
- Review progress of clients with clear clinical documentation according to hospital standards.
- Evaluate music therapy services using relevant outcome measurement tools.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings and other relevant interagency meetings pertaining to the wellbeing of the patient, when possible.
- Collaborate with other members of the inpatient and/or outpatient team in planning music activities, where appropriate.
- Coordinate transition and/or termination sessions once goals have been achieved or when music therapy is contraindicated. Where appropriate, recommend other relevant therapies.
- Carry out plans for the development of new music therapy services where appropriate.
- Acquire and maintain musical instruments and music therapy equipment.
- Bachelor/Masters in Music Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Holds valid professional registration from relevant governing body in country of education. Holds membership in the Association for Music Therapy Singapore or a recognised equivalent.
- Knowledge of, and proficiency with a wide range of music genres and musical instruments
- At least 2 years of working experience.
- Preferably 1-2 years of relevant experience in the field of mental health.
- Creative, energetic, passion for learning and growing.
- Possess good empathic skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in a team.
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send/email your detailed resume stating current and expected salary to:
The Human Resource Department, Institute of Mental Health / Woodbridge Hospital, Buangkok Green Medical Park, 10 Buangkok View, Singapore 539747
4. Music Therapist – ST. ANDREW ‘S COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (SACH)
Position listed: 1 Aug 2021
St. Andrew’s Community Hospital is a service of St. Andrew’s Mission Hospital (SAMH). SAMH was founded in 1913 by Dr Charlotte Ferguson-Davie, wife of the Bishop of Singapore, to meet the medical needs of poor women and children with no access to health care.
Today, St. Andrew’s Community Hospital (SACH) continues that mission of shining Christ’s light into the darkness of disease, pain and suffering by providing rehabilitative, post-acute and palliative inpatient care, as well as community care (outpatient clinic, centre-based rehabilitation and daycare and homecare).
Located in Simei and partnered with Changi General Hospital (CGH), the hospital is expanding its services to meet growing needs of the community.
- Degree in Music therapy from an accredited institution with current national credentials
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience preferably in a healthcare setting
- Advanced Specialised post graduate training is an asset
- Professional registration with Association for Music Therapy Singapore (AMTS) or professional organisation of country of training, preferably both
- Good interpersonal & communication skills and willing to impart professional knowledge to colleagues, patients and care givers
- Ability to converse in major dialects or Malay is an advantage
- Implement music therapy programmes that meets patient’s needs based on best practices
- Organise and implement daily workflow to ensure optimal utilisation of resources
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary team, offering co-treatment where appropriate
Interested applicants, please email to email@example.com
5. Music Therapist – MEDLEY MUSIC SCHOOL
Part-time (weekdays between 3pm – 8pm)
Position listed: 16 April 2021
Medley Music School is a private music school located within SAFRA Toa Payoh and we have been operational since 2011. We would like to expand our special needs department to allow more access to children who require music therapy.
You will develop and provide individualised and group music therapy to children and youths with special needs. You will improve on our system of assessing, monitoring and documenting students’ progress, and communication to parents/caregivers. You are also required to conduct training to other therapists/teachers, parents/caregivers, organisations to enhance their knowledge of music therapy.
- Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy or the equivalent.
- Applicants with prior relevant working experience with children and youths with special needs will be an added advantage
- A team player with a good attitude and who seeks excellence in all that he/she does.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Music Therapist – EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE LTD
Position listed: 29 March 2021
Extra•Ordinary People is a charity and Institute of Public Character (IPC) striving to enable
and support persons with special needs. We adopt an ecosystem approach towards enabling
and empowering children and youth with special needs to live independently, be work ready,
work able and sustain employment. We strongly believe in providing a holistic support,
including and involving parents/caregivers in the process.
Working in close collaboration with other professionals (therapists from other domains, job
coaches, counsellors etc.), we are looking for dynamic and passionate Music Therapists to join
our team in journeying with these youths and their families through their lives.
Assess and identify client’s needs with respect to music therapy issues in home/school/work contexts
Deliver in-person and virtual music therapy services both in individual and group settings
Monitor, evaluate and document the clients’ progress
Conduct meetings/webinars with parents/caregivers regularly and work with them to enhance learning
Work with caregivers and the integrated team to design Individualised Educational Plans (IEPs)
Work with members of the integrated team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of Company-curated programmes relating to enabling clients to be work ready, work able and live independently
Conduct talks, webinars and/or workshops for parents/caregivers and members of the public
Provide consultation and training services for other professionals, educators and organizations
Work closely with members of the integrated team to ensure best practice and high quality care
Provide professional input to integrated team and case discussions
Provide supervision to Junior Therapists where applicable
Recognised Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Music Therapy
Registration with relevant Professional Body or Music Therapy Association
Preferred 1 year experience in working with children, youth and young adults with special needs
Proficient in music and music technology, including but not limited to piano/keyboard, guitar, voice, and/or GarageBand
Able to work well with other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary team
Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply!