Recruitment – Career Opportunities in Singapore
Are you a professional music therapist with internationally recognized credentials such as MT-BC (USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia/Canada), RMTh (NZ) who is interested in opportunities in Singapore? Please apply directly to the openings posted below. Kindly direct questions or broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Music Therapist – ST. LUKE’S COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Full-time / Part-time, Permanent
Position listed: 26 May 2020
St Luke’s Hospital is a 243-bedded community hospital of excellence committed to providing compassionate and quality care, with a multi-disciplinary approach including medical, nursing and rehabilitative care.
We strongly encourage and support our staff in continuous education and professional development. Remuneration will be according to experience and market rates. Career opportunities await suitable candidates.
In the current rehabilitation department, you would be joining one current Music Therapist. We are inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full time/part time position of Senior Music Therapist / Music Therapist.
- Provide quality and professional Music Therapy services at Inpatient and Outpatient Services. These include but are not limited to individual and group music therapy
- Plan, review and assess progress with clear documentation
- Set relevant goals and objectives with the patient and their caregivers (where applicable)
- Execute music interventions to improve patient care such as expression, attention, mood, participation, reduction of undesirable behaviour, relieve symptoms, enhance spiritual or psychological comfort as well as assist in gross/fine motor and communication deficits
- Provide clinical reports and records on the following according to hospital standards:
- Initial assessment
- Review and subsequent assessments
- Therapy goals
- Weekly review therapy plan
- Treatment updates
- Discharge planning (with measure outcomes)
- Participate in case conferences, team meetings and family meetings
- Carry out proper hand over when required
- Ensure safety measures to protect patients during therapy
- Communicate to patient/family member to enhance therapy care, skill application and promote therapeutic carry over after therapy session
- Discuss cases with multidisciplinary team
- Develop and implement more appropriate treatment plans and new/modified programs when necessary
- Responsible for daily billing
- Organize caseload coverage and work distribution
- Document and report incident when necessary
Education and Training
- Supervise music therapists (MTs) and newly joined MTs (if needed)
- Participate in departmental in-service training
- Conduct in-service education for other professionals and students
- Teach and supervise volunteers or Music Therapy students in their clinical placements
- Give talks/lectures when applicable
- Participate in research activities, if any undertaken
- Develop new programs to improve care
- Candidates should possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Music Therapy from an accredited institution with national credentials: e.g. MT-BC(USA), HCPC (UK), RMT (Australia & Canada), RMth (NZ) and IACAT (Ireland)
- Have prior experience with geriatric rehabilitation and dementia. NMT training an asset.
- Proficiency with keyboard, guitar, percussion and vocal ability and familiarity with wide range of music genres (familiarity with Asian repertoire and geriatric population is an asset).
- Respect a wide range of cultural or spiritual practices and beliefs
- Able to work independently with good communication and documentation skills
- Must have an interest to work with the elderly in a hospital environment
- Ability to communicate in vernacular languages is an asset
Interested applicants, please email your application with a detailed CV and academic transcripts directly to email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.