AMTS welcomes all Singaporean and Singapore-based music therapists and music therapy students to join our community. We offer 3 membership types:
- Professional Membership (S$60/year) is open to all certified music therapists who have completed their training programmes at accredited institutions AND are currently practising.
- Associate Membership (S$40/year) is open to all certified music therapists who have completed their training programmes at accredited institutions who are not practising and/or whose credentials are not current.
- Student Membership (one-time payment of S$20) is open to any student training to be a music therapist. Members must be enrolled full-time or part-time in an international or local institution.
AMTS membership comes with a host of benefits including the following:
- Regular AMTS Business meetings
- Professional workgroups
- Members Networking and socials
- Music Therapy related events / workshops
- Updates from the World Federation of Music Therapy (WFMT)
- Research support
- Funding (supervision, training/development)
- Discounts at partner merchants (Allegro-Brio; The Vocal Studio)
There are currently no approved music therapy programmes (undergraduate and graduate) offered in any institution in Singapore. Our members have graduated from the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. For more information on accredited training programs overseas, please refer to the links below:
World Federation of Music Therapy